Pages

Monday 10 September 2012

London 2012 Paralympic games

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pretty sad that this awesome summer (I'm not referring to the weather) is over. 
First we celebrated the queens Diamond Jubilee.
We went to some great Weddings.
Had some lovely holidays (and this, and this)

And to top it all off we got to go to watch some of the Paralymics!

I forgot my camera so all of the photos (to my embarrassment) were taken on the Ipad.
 I have had some trouble turning them the right way up, but I'm sure you can crane your neck to get the idea!

 Photo taken by an elderly games maker, he took a couple of shots of the floor first!


  We didn't get tickets for the orbit, and i'm not sure we made the most of the Olympic park, we spent all of an hour there after our event had finished. 
But we sat in park live for a few minutes and looked up at the orbit from below.

(above is what it would look like if the Olympic park was in Australia)
But then we did head in to central London for a stroll by the river, through some parks, we viewed Buckingham Palace (shockingly Jamie says he had never seen it before!).

We ended the day with an amazing meal in the Hard Rock Cafe (Jamie is a big fan). 
I'm not that in to burgers so I tried a salad - definitely the way forward!

I have to say a huge thank you to our Friends Hayley and Paul who put us up over night, it is always lovely to see them, and they are good at looking after us- even if we did leave the house before they had woken up!

No comments:

Post a Comment