Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Practising Cupcakes


My friends James and Hannah are getting married on the 23rd June and they have asked me to make 100 cupcakes. It will be the first time I will have to make a large number of cupcakes under pressure. 

I really like baking and I think I am sometimes quite good at it, I am nowhere near as good as my friend Abbie, check out her amazing blog http://danngoodcake.blogspot.co.uk/ you may thing her cakes look good, trust me they taste even better!

So because my baking isn't completely up to scratch I decided I should practice.



They are just vanilla sponge cupcakes with vanilla icing, the icing will (if James and Hannah approve) be blue to go with their colour theme. They are a tiny bit over cooked but I am generally pleased with them.

Things I learnt from this practice, 1. Don't get distracted when the cakes are in the oven/ set a timer. 2. put the silver balls on as soon as i have iced. I did it too late this time and they ended up bouncing all over my kitchen.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Emily! I happened upon your blog on Facebook and thought I'd check it out! These cupcakes are adorable!! Just a word of advice from a recent baking error of mine-- I was trying to make light blue icing for some cupcakes for a family with a new baby boy, but because the icing I used was butter-based it was slightly yellow, so with the added blue food dye my icing ended up being more of a turquoise. Totally not applicable if your icing isn't made with butter, but I thought I would share just in case :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Michelle that is really helpful!

      Delete
  2. YUMMO! They look freakin sweet. You're a little sausage giving me a little mention! Beautiful Emo xxx

    ReplyDelete