Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

Pregnancy update - week 31

Week 31.

It is pretty scary that I'm 31 weeks pregnant, I only have 6 weeks left of work  (we are on holiday for two of them) and we are in the middle of assembling the baby room.
After putting together a cot and putting some baby clothes in a chest of drawers last Friday, I had a bit of a mini breakdown, I sat in the corner of the room convinced that we wouldn't get everything we need to do done (who knows what it is we need to do) and wouldn't know what to do with a baby, there are so many unknowns. What will the baby be like? How will labour go? Will I get post-natal depression? Will Jamie cope with disturbed sleep? (the answer to the last one is most probably; yes, but in a zombie - like state.) 

I'm ok now, it was just so over whelming, and I don't think I had grasped how much our life is changing until then.

Photos from last week, I'm actually glowing!



The dress I am wearing I have had for 8 years, it is pretty much stretched to capacity, so I don't think I can wear it again until after baby has arrived.

My belly seems to be growing at an alarming rate now. I am thankful that so far I haven't got any stretch marks, but I imagine it will happen soon as the skin over my stomach seems pulled to bursting! (lovely image for you there)
I haven't noticed any Braxton Hicks contractions yet. 
I am much more emotional at the moment which is probably the reason for my little break down last Friday.
I am concerned that my wardrobe is going to become very limited soon, thanks to my refusal to buy many maternity clothes. : /
At the moment I have one pair of black jeans, a pair of denim shorts, three skirts, a few tops, maternity leggings and some dresses. A lot of the dresses and tops are now a little bursting... I will keep you updated with how I manage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment